Creative Thoughts

Creative Thoughts
Serenity

Thursday 7 February 2013

Shawn's Birthday


And today is Shawn's birthday !

I'm wondering, if back then, my mother had secretly hoped her first grandson would share her birthday !  It was to be the day after her special day.    Mai and Daddy never celebrated their birthdays.  To them such a thing was unheard of.  They, however, made all their six children's birthdays special. When I was young, we did not have a 'fridge at home.  That was a luxury household item.  It didn't deter my parents from making jelly (the cold dessert, not the preserve) on large blocks of ice.  Cake was always plum cake which Daddy bought from an Iranian restaurant and there was chilled Coca Cola from the "soda shop" across the street.  OK, now I'm rambling......


This is our amazing son, Shawn.  He's Director of Technology at a major IT Company.  Need I say more ?  We are, ofcourse, immensely proud of him and his achievements.  
On this day we wish him a day as special as he is.

For more of Shawn on this blog, please go here & here.


Shawn, you are another year older but you haven't changed a bit.  That's great because you are perfect just the way you are.  Here's wishing you...


Cheers !

11 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to Shawn. A very handsome man indeed - no wonder you are proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy birthday to your son, it is lovely to read about your family, especially your late mother.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. Thank you for your good wishes on Shawn's birthday and thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to Shawn.
    You must be very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies ! I will convey your good wishes to Shawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lena an unexpected comment is always so lovely to receive - thankyou for your kind words. I have enjoyed looking at and reading about you and your creativity. We have a lot in common - I love making things and sharing about my children.We are so very fond of Simone and think she and Joe make a great team. I would like the children to know more about the hidden past of their grandfather's family in India. To visit India, New Zealand and Australia is something Chris and I would dearly like to do to settle things from our past. Look forward to getting to know you. Love Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sally, you are very welcome. I am so glad to see your work and that you decided to blog. Joe had told me you are so creative and he is so proud of you. I look forward to getting to know you too. Love Lena

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to your son Shawn :) and thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog Lena, it's lovely to read your blog hugs hun xx Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. You are very talented and I loved looking at your creations.

      Delete
  7. Now there's a handsome man Lena ... you must be very proud of him and happy birthday Shawn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, thanks for the compliments and the good wishes.
      Hugs

      Delete