Creative Thoughts

Creative Thoughts
Serenity

Thursday 7 March 2013

Shades of brown and maroon



I seem to have been bitten by the craft bug considering how feverishly I've been crafting lately.

These four notepads have been decorated with an Oriental touch.  All design paper used to cover the notebooks is handmade in India.


 I love working with strips and here are amber gems to soften up the browns. The tea set image is from the magazine section of our Sunday newspaper.  I liked it too much to throw it away. 

 colour print out embellished in gold glitter

 white 3D pearl to highlight the cherryblossom and gold glitter piped into the centres.

my favourite strips - horizontally this time.

I love this design paper and have it in several other shades.  Also, there's something about clean pen sketches that fascinates me.
Apologies for the slightly wonky pictures but I'm that way myself !

Thanks for visiting !
Have a great day !


9 comments:

  1. Gosh you have been really busy crafting Lena. Love these. I love the oriental look. These are so nice that you would not want to use them - just keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love wonky..I like to refer to myself that way too, or quirky. LOL. What a joy to work with such beautiful handmade papers and the chevron patterns are gorgeous! Your cards ARE fantabulous and hey, if you have to get bit by a bug, a crafty one is the BEST kind!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon Lena, you have been busy. I like the oriental theme to your beautiful cards.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lena you certainly have been busy and I adore that paper!!! especially handmade and so glad you have caught the craft bug huggles hun Sue J xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Fabulous selection of wonderful designs... Love those great papers... if you have to catch a bug then the crafter kind is the best!!! BRILLIANT WORK... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg you have been busy. Your cards are lovely, such gorgeous colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such lovely cards. You do very nice work!

      Delete
  7. Hi Lena, this are just a fab selection of cards and wonderful designing...thanks you also for dropping in. sorry for not being around much but looking after my dad does limit me sometimes but keep in touch that way I remember to come back to you. Have you put your name down for my latest candy ends on the 10th March. Will have another one in Easter...luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Lena. I love the designs on your note pads and cards. Hopefully some of them will be for sale over here in Melbourne before too long. We start work on decorating and fitting out the shop this weekend. I could do with Simone and Joe's eye for interior design. Much love sally

    ReplyDelete