Creative Thoughts

Creative Thoughts
Serenity

Saturday 29 September 2012

Ceramic Planter


This was an ordinary ceramic planter I picked up from a busy market place in Mumbai.
I painted it with acrylics in matt shades except for the orchid petals which are pearlescent.
 
The charm of Mumbai lies in its bazaars.  I often go to Bhuleshwar, which is one of the densest areas of South Mumbai, to hunt for trinkets and embellishments for my craft.  Although the lanes are very narrow and teem with people, I enjoy the ambience of the place. This is one of those neighbourhoods where you can slip back effortlessly into old Bombay.  There's a myriad of colours, sights and smells.  Sometimes I go just for the pleasure of exploring the numerous nooks and crannies where old houses rub shoulders with ancient temples.  You never know what “crafty” treasures you will come across.
 
Thanks for visiting !
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm just getting caught up after a few very busy days. This planted is beautiful. You are one very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking time to comment, Marie-Louise, and thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete